To install Bagisto on A2 Hosting, follow these steps:
- Log in to your A2 Hosting account using your credentials.
- Navigate to the cPanel dashboard.
- Find the "File Manager" option and click on it.
- In the File Manager, locate the public_html directory or the folder where you want to install Bagisto.
- Upload the Bagisto zip file to the appropriate directory. You can either upload it directly or extract it locally and then upload the files.
- Extract the Bagisto files by right-clicking on the zip file and selecting the "Extract" option. Alternatively, you can select the zip file and click on the "Extract" button in the toolbar.
- After extracting the files, delete the zip file to keep your directory clean.
- In the cPanel dashboard, find and click on "MySQL Databases".
- Create a new database by entering a name and clicking on the "Create Database" button.
- Create a new database user by entering a username and password, and then clicking on the "Create User" button.
- Add the database user to the newly created database by selecting both the user and the database from the respective dropdown menus, and clicking on the "Add" button.
- Open the Bagisto installation URL in a web browser. You can find this URL by appending the folder name where Bagisto was installed to your domain. Example: www.yourdomain.com/bagisto
- Select your preferred installation language and click on the "Next" button.
- On the next page, review the system requirements and make sure all the requirements are met. If something is missing, contact your hosting provider or system administrator to resolve it.
- Click on the "Next" button to proceed.
- Enter the database details (database name, username, and password) that you created earlier in the appropriate fields.
- Set the database host to "localhost".
- Leave the "Table Prefix" field as it is or modify it if needed.
- Click on the "Next" button to continue.
- Bagisto will now show you the installation progress. Wait for the process to complete.
- After the installation is finished, you can set up your store by following the provided instructions.
- Once the setup is complete, login to the Bagisto admin panel and configure your store settings.
That's it! You have successfully installed Bagisto on your A2 Hosting account and can now start building your ecommerce store.
What is a domain name?
A domain name is a unique and human-readable address that identifies a website on the internet. It is the text-based Internet Protocol (IP) address that helps users easily access websites and webpages. A domain name typically consists of two main parts: the top-level domain (TLD) and the second-level domain (SLD).
For example, in the domain name "example.com", "example" is the SLD and ".com" is the TLD. The TLD can indicate the purpose or nature of the website, such as ".com" for commercial sites, ".org" for organizations, ".edu" for educational institutions, or country-specific TLDs like ".uk" for the United Kingdom or ".ca" for Canada.
Domain names are registered with domain registrars and need to be unique to ensure that no two websites have the same domain name.
What is the latest version of Bagisto?
As of October 2021, the latest version of Bagisto is 1.4.2.
How to install Composer on A2 hosting?
To install Composer on A2 hosting, you can follow these steps:
- Log in to your A2 hosting account and go to the cPanel.
- Search for the "Select PHP Version" option in the cPanel and click on it.
- In the PHP Selector, make sure the PHP version you want to use with Composer is selected.
- Scroll down to find the "Extensions" tab and click on it.
- In the search bar, type "IonCube" and enable the IonCube Loader extension. This is required for Composer to run properly.
- Click on the "Save" button to apply the changes.
- Return to the cPanel and search for the "Terminal" option. Click on it to open the terminal.
- In the terminal, navigate to the directory where you want to install Composer. For example, if you want to install it in the public_html directory, run the command: cd public_html
- Once you are in the desired directory, run the following command to download and install Composer:
1 2 3
php -r "copy('https://getcomposer.org/installer', 'composer-setup.php');" php composer-setup.php php -r "unlink('composer-setup.php');"
- Composer will now be installed in the directory you navigated to.
- To use Composer, you can run commands like php composer.phar install or php composer.phar update depending on your requirements.
That's it! You have now successfully installed Composer on A2 hosting.